Thursday, July 19, 2012

Short Ruffle Aprons

For my sister's 50s Housewife themed bridal shower, we asked the guests to come dressed in their best aprons and pearls. Great idea, right? One slight problem as one of the shower hostesses I needed a super cute apron. I didn't have one!
Fortunately, I had a couple weeks before the shower to make one that would match my outfit. Any 50s housewife would have done the same, I'm sure.
I'm not a wing-it as I go kind of seamstress. I need patterns with detailed instructions and measurements so I found a multi-use pattern at Joann's with this adorable ruffly apron.

It called for 4 different fabrics so I got a large floral, a textured lace, a small print, and a stripe.

It wasn't too hard to do although I don't think the where they said to attach the ruffles hid the seam of the ruffle underneath but it's okay. It turned out so well, I made one for my sister as part of her shower gift. In her coral and blue wedding colors, of course. Her fabrics were a large floral, a small geometric, a small floral, and a stripe.
Now the only problem is that it's almost too cute to actually cook in!

Linking up to these great blog parties:
Sunday: Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife;
Tuesday: One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons; Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia;
Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; It's Overflowing at Overflowing with Creativity; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts;
Home Decor & Organizing at Organize and Decorate Everything;
Thursday: Delightfully Inspiring Thursday at Delightful Order; Thrifty Thursday at Thrifty and Fabuless;  Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage;
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love aprons and yet, don't even own one! ;) Visiting from Handy Man, Crafty Woman.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love aprons but I don't cook! LOL Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...