Sunday, March 1, 2015

There's a Cuff in My Boot! - DIY Boot Cuffs

Did you read the title using Woody's (from Toy Story) voice? I sure did, pard'ner!

I'm not a fashion blogger by any means but I saw this idea on Pinterest and wanted to share my take on it. I have a few pairs of boots that I like to wear, especially when it's cold out because they keep my legs warm. Sometimes though, it's fun to pretend that I'm actually a cool person and dress those boots up with boot socks or cuffs.
Have you seen how expensive some of them can be? Yikes!
Following that pin's advice, I decided to make my own. First up, a trip to the local Goodwill. I found three sweaters in the bargain section (aka about $2.00 for all of them) that I didn't mind cutting up. (Bonus: I have extra brown and white pieces that I can use to dress-up candles next fall!)
I trimmed the sleeves to the length I thought I wanted (Hint: make them longer than I did or you'll be constantly worried that they're poking their way out of your boot.) After trimming, I ran a zig-zag stitch around the raw edge a couple times just so they wouldn't fray into pieces.

For the white cuffs, I salvaged the buttons off the cardigan and attached them to the top of my cuffs for additional interest. I had just enough to put three buttons on each cuff.

I'm cool now, right?
Well... now I just need to get some mitten clips so the knees of my jeans don't get so baggy.

Linking up to some or all of these great blog parties:
Sunday: Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming;
Monday: Inspire Me Monday at Sand and Sisal; Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A to Z; It's Overflowing; Monthly Before and After at Thrifty Decor Chick
Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts; 
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea and looks so stylish and cute
    come see us at http;//shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words and for stopping by! They're fun to wear!

      Delete

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...