Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Pillow Covers


This week, I tackled the next thing on the to-do list: Mr. and Mrs. Pillow Covers for our master bedroom. I've seen several versions of the Ballard Designs pillows.

Like the ones made by Knock Off Decor, Mrs. DIY, and here. Using the great 5 minute pillow cover tutorial from Restoration House, I cut Osnaburg fabric to size, sewed it up, and then tucked cardboard inside the flap so I could paint. I just used MS Word to print the letters to the size I wanted. Then using the very old method of carbon paper (Do they still even sell that stuff? We have an old pack that's been hanging around forever!), I just traced over the letters with pencil. Then I used a brown craft paint and small brush to paint them in. I haven't yet but should probably heat set them somehow so they can be washed. For now, they're in their new home so we don't forget who sleeps on which side of the bed. *giggle*
 

Linking up here.

8 comments:

  1. sooo pretty!!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so cute. I'd love to try painting some words on a pillow - love the look. I especially love yours with the heart pillow between so that Mr. hearts Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your "Mr. & Mrs." pillows! I think they would make a great wedding gift! I just might try making some!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made these in the last few days. Come by and check them out:

    http://allthingsbeautiful-charity.blogspot.com/2011/03/mr-mrs-pillows.html

    I think they are so fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pillows. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fabulous! I'm new to your blog and love it here. You have great ideas and have definitely left me inspired. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to make some but I want to be sure I get the right kind of paint and also that they can be washed. Do you have any advice on that? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use specific fabric paint or you can heat set regular acrylic paint. Check out the info here: https://www.plaidonline.com/i-want-to-paint-on-fabric-using-folkart-acrylic-co/2550/faq.htm

      Delete

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...