Saving in the kitchen...
- Buy basics in bulk (ex paper towels, garbage bags, even sugar!)
- Grocery shop without the kids.
- Don’t shop when you are hungry!
- Stick to your shopping list.
- Rinse the bag from a cereal box and use as wax paper. Also can be used to wrap meat in-wrap in bag, then in foil for the freezer.)
- I love the convenience of single serving products but hate the expense. Split large jars of applesauce, big containers of yogurt and cottage cheese into smaller portions using 4 oz. baby food jars or use Ziploc's snack containers available in a 4 oz. size and create your own snack cups.