Friday, June 22, 2012

Meet the Hydrangeas and Harmony Ensemble

I respectfully ask that you not pin pictures of my children to Pinterest. Thank you!
 I've been thinking that it might be good to give us all blog names so that I can talk about the fam without giving out too much personal info. A lot of strictly homeschool blogs do this, and it's always fun to see why the folks are nicknamed the way they are. So in that vein, here's the Hydrangeas and Harmony Ensemble:
Keeping with our music theme (since we're kind of a musical family and I'm totally a music person):
Alto (that's me)
 
I sing alto in church or with groups although I'm really a mezzo-soprano. Technically my range is considered dramatic soprano but I'm not sure I like the sound of being dramatic. I'm not a drama queen. I mean who said I was? I don't get all like 'Wha-ut?' and stuff. *sniff* Really! (Did you catch all the sarcasm there??) I think I'll stick with being an alto. :) I'm the one who keeps things going. The organizer, the home manager, the teacher, the helper.


Bass (that's the hubs)

He actually sings bass so this is fitting for him. He's also the base of our family. The rock. The strength. The one who holds it all together. He's the fun parent and a seriously hard worker. He's a good provider and the support for the whole fam. Appropriate name, right?

Tenor (that's the son)
He's so much like Bass and yet so much like me. It's funny to see how God takes two totally different people and mushes them up into their offspring. And yet, Tenor is his own person. He adds a counter melody in our home with his personality. He's funny, analytical, and a really deep thinker. He definitely keeps me on my toes. Without his harmony, we'd have a hole.

Soprano (that's the daughter)
Considering all her stories and imaginings, she could be a lyric soprano. :) She's all sunshine and light and happiness. She loves animals and people and has a depth of compassion in her soul. She'll tell you that she just loves love! Her personality comes out in the funny things she says which make us laugh 'til we cry. She is our joyful melody!

That's the ensemble.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...