Sunday, December 15, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Traditions: Advent Calendar

One of the best things about Christmas is the anticipation! The younglings love the annual countdown. I knew after Tenor was old enough (maybe 3 years old) that I wanted an advent calendar that we could use each year. I found this one on eBay years ago and it was exactly what I was looking for. Each of the pockets hold a person or animal from the story of Jesus' birth. I put them in so that we end on Christmas Eve with baby Jesus' piece being put on. The younglings take turns adding to the nativity scene each day.
Super cute, right? We love it!



Check out all our family Christmas traditions:
Christmas Cards
Advent Calendar
Christmas Books and DVDs
Christmas Music
Caramels
A Special Nativity Scene
Ornament Tree
Pizzelles
4 Stocking Gifts
3 Under the Tree Gifts
Christmas Eve Church Service
Christmas Morning - Luke 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...