Thursday, December 8, 2016

Make a Card (not on) Monday - Muted Masculine Birthday

So... (you know when I start with a 'so' that it's going to be a long rambly story lol). So... here's why there's a card post not on a Monday. I get together with a bunch of friends a couple times a year for a crafting weekend. Sometimes we can only make it an evening, but often we try to stretch it to an overnight. I usually scrapbook during those weekends but I haven't really been in the mood to scrapbook lately. Scrapbook tangent: I decided that my lack of enthusiam for it might be helped if I switch the padawans' books to digital and our family book to Project Life pocket style. Not having done pocket scrapbooking before, I wasn't quite sure how it would work to plan and a pack a whole weekend's worth of it. I decided instead to maybe just make cards.
This is how one little idea took on a life of its own. :)
I thought, hmm, I should maybe make cards only using stamps that I've never used before. I figure if a stamp set is maybe on average about $15 and cards in the store are $3-4, I should probably make at least 4 cards from each stamp set to "break even" on the cost of it. So I started pinning ideas that used stamps I have or were at least similar to what I own.
I pinned 450 ideas. 450, y'all!
If I ever climb my way out of a pile of cardstock and stamp sets, I'll have 1600 cards in my stash... and a lot more cards to post. :)
Storytime over. Here's the first card. :)
I got inspiration for this muted masculine card here. I like this for a guy's card because it's not the typical fishing/hunting/cars/sports themed card. Not all of the guys on my list have those specific hobbies. This is for them. :)

Details:
Cardstock - DCWV: dark gray textured / Recollections: light gray / Paper Studio: White
Patterned paper - DCWV: Tattered Time mat stack
Embellishments - unknown: silver brads
Color - Palette: Charcoal
Tools - Nestabilities: Standard Circles / Cuttlebug: Twill Tape embossing folder
Stamps - TAC: Sentiments (sentiment)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...