Each week, I'll try to post a helpful hint or tip to help save us all some dough.
I'll start with some overall basics and then get into the random stuff. :)
10 Commandments for Being Frugal:
- Never pay retail for anything.
- Know your prices. Create a price comparison book.
- Watch for sales.
- Use coupons. (Sign up for stores’ bonus/rewards programs.)
- Always check the clearance rack first.
- Recycle as much as you can—think of alternate uses.
- Trash Pick (also called Dumpster Diving.) Wear black and go at night. (Just kidding! :) )
- Keep a tape measure in your purse, diaper bag, or vehicle.
- Research purchases through Consumer Reports to find the best deal (The cheapest is not always the best.)
- Keep your receipts (always check for errors.)
Let's start saving some money!