Thursday, January 5, 2012

KitchenAid Dress-Up

Woo-hoo! Here's my first project of the New Year!
I love, love, love my KitchenAid mixer. It was a super generous, wedding shower gift from my grandmother (who is now no longer living.) I actually didn't use it for the first 3 years I had it because I stored in the bottom of our pantry cupboard and it was too hard to get it out every time I needed it.
Slapping myself repeatedly on the forehead for that one!
I don't know what I was thinking!
I finally dug it out and put it in its rightful spot on the kitchen counter. Now we're best buds. I even named it, following my sisters-in-law's lead. It's a white mixer so now it's me, Betty (Crocker, that is), and Snow White, the KitchenAid Princess. :)


But every princess needs a little fancying up, don't you think?

I wasn't brave enough to pull it apart and spray paint it so I thought maybe some vinyl would do the trick. I got some blue vinyl at Hobby Lobby with a coupon and cut out a little birdy and some flourishes with my Cricut. I found a couple of tutorials online to help me along with process: A Little of This blog and Donna's Dayz blog. (Thanks gals!)

I did practice with scrap paper first before cutting into the vinyl. I made my cuts, took notes on sizes and settings, and then just used a bit of ATG adhesive to stick them on the mixer until I got the arrangement I liked.
Then I cleaned it really well (um, major icky-ness that I didn't realize was on there. Sorry, Snow!) and then rubbed it down with a couple of alcohol swabs.

When it was dry, I used the transfer tape to adhere the vinyl to my mixer.
Now she's extra pretty! Nothin' quite like a gal who can sing and work at the same time.



Linking up to some or all of these great blog parties:
Sunday: Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming;
Monday: Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle;
Tuesday: One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons; Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife;
Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; It's Overflowing at Overflowing with Creativity; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts;
Home Decor & Organizing at Organize and Decorate Everything;

Thursday: Delightfully Inspiring Thursday at Delightful Order; Thrifty Thursday at Thrifty and Fabuless;  Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage;
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Super impressed!!! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the designs you chose to put on the mixer and the light blue is just the right amount of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling idea! My Kitchen Aid is fire engine red. I think I may add some white vinyl design. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea!!! I love that LOTS!
    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea! I love those colors together.
    Shiloh
    everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! My kitchen aid and I are best buds too...I won her in a contest last year and have used it SO much since then. I'm sure she would appreciate a little prettying up!
    -Jade www.constant-chatter.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up! Stop by and sign up for my Stencil Giveaway!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...