Thursday, February 16, 2012

Honey, do we have any more...? - Inventory Clipboard

Necessity is the mother of invention. Or in this case the mother of craftiness. My linen cabinet houses our overstock of health and beauty care items. Since it's in the main bathroom, it's a convenient space to keep our current and extra heath/beauty things. There's also room to stock up if I can hit a good sale or have extra coupons. While everything is generally organized, I was finding myself thinking that I had 7 tubes of toothpaste and realizing that I actually only had the current one on-hand. You can see how this would create a potentially stinky, I mean sticky situation.
I decided that I needed an inventory to keep better track of what's in those drawers and in the 'overflow' basket. (You can see pics of the whole cabinet here.)
But if I have an inventory, I needed somewhere to put that would be cute (aka not scotch-taped to the back of the linen closet door.) Enter the mini clipboard!
I used a pack of CM paper and stickers that a former demo friend gave me. (Just to clarify she's a former demo not a former friend. LOL) I think she used to use these mini kits at home parties. Since our bathroom is a China Beach (asian seashore) kind of theme, I thought this green and blue bamboo pack would be perfect.
I cut the bamboo print paper to fit and adhered it with Mod Podge. Then I used the solid light green and after punching a scallop edge glued it to the top. (I used scrap paper all pieced and taped together to create a template to fit around the clip. Then I used my template to trace the shape on the green paper.)

I cut a strip of the reverse side (the stripe) to add a little extra to the light green and used one of the stickers just to finish it off. To create my inventory sheet, I made a table in Word and typed in most of the items that I try to keep on-hand. Then I counted 'em up and put those numbers in the first column. As we open a new bottle, I'll just update the number in the next column crossing out the first number. It's not super fancy but it'll give me an idea of what I need to watch the sales flyers for each week.


I added a pen and tucked it in by the towels on the top shelf. Perfect! No more wondering if we have another stick of deodorant hiding somewhere. That's the sweet smell of success!


Linking up to these great blog parties:
Sunday: Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming;
Monday: Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle;
Tuesday: One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons; Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife;
Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; It's Overflowing at Overflowing with Creativity; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts;
Home Decor & Organizing at Organize and Decorate Everything;
Thursday: Delightfully Inspiring Thursday at Delightful Order; Thrifty Thursday at Thrifty and Fabuless;  Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage;
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I'm certainly going to be making one of these someday - hopefully sooner rather than later!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...