Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Mantel and Paper Pennant Banner

Along with a new front-door wreath, our Christmas decor needed some help on the mantel.
Earlier in the year, we swapped out some artwork in the living room and moved a big mirror from above the fireplace to the opposite side of the room, above the piano. In its place, we put an old window. But it looked a little sparse with the nativity set and other mantel decor.
I found a little piece of garland in my bin of Christmas decor extras. Bonus: it was the exact size I needed. No cutting needed. But it was still a little empty looking.
I decided to mkae a little pennant banner to dress it up. I hand cut the pennant bases because I only had a limited amount of paper and didn't want to attempt it with my Cricut.
Then I layered sheet music on the bases. Then I used "Junior" on Cricut's Extreme Fonts cartridge for the letters and their shadows. I used a marker to color the clothespins green to blend in better.

Supplies used:
Patterned paper: stripe and dot-unknown, blue and green-Studio Calico "Wonderland"
Cardstock: white-DCWV; brown-unknown
Ribbon: green jute-Celebrate It Occasions
Embellishments: mini clothespins-Michael's, papier mache cross-AC Moore, flower-Michael's

Linking up to some or all of these great blog parties:
Sunday: Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming;
Monday: Inspire Me Monday at Sand and Sisal; Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A to Z;
Tuesday
: One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons

Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts; Thursday: It's Overflowing;
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;
Categorically Crafting: Christmas at Someday Crafts; Christmas Spectacular at The Shabby Creek Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I love your Christ-focused Christmas decorations. Your banner is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you to say! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...