Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Poinsettia Christmas Wreath with Sheet Music



 We had a few Christmas decor mishaps this year. Our formerly pre-lit tree stopped lighting completely, the mantel garland had to be completely re-adjusted so we could plug it in on the opposite end to accommodate the new tree, and our front door wreath took a tumble and broke.
Some easy fixes... we got a new tree with a great Black Friday deal. The garland took not-too-much time to tweak. And I spent ages on Pinterest looking for a new wreath idea.

I finally found one that spoke to me. Well, I found quite a few that spoke to me but one stood out as being copy-able without too much financial cost.
Here's my spin on Wonderwoman Creations wreath:
I followed her tutorial for the most part. I cut my cardboard circles using a cake base circle and one of my Creative Memories circle cutter templates. I used my ATG to stick the circles together and wrapped them with some cream ribbon I had on-hand, securing the ribbon end with hot glue.
I cut my sheet music (from an old Italian Aria book I had on-hand from an earlier Goodwill trip) to 5x7 and rolled them into cones. (I needed 32 cones for a 10" base.)
I reused the ribbon from the last wreath's bow, added the berry spray and the poinsettia. Lots of hot glue; lots and lots of hot glue.
The finishing touch... a line of Stickles Antique Linen around the top outside edge of each paper cone.
I reused a bit of floral wire to make a hook and then tied cream ribbon through the loop to hang the wreath on the door, using this Command hook trick. Maybe this method will keep the new wreath from falling.







Now I just need to do something about the sunflower welcome mat...



Linking up to some or all of these great blog parties:
Sunday: Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming;
Monday: Inspire Me Monday at Sand and Sisal; Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A to Z;
Tuesday
: One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons

Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts; Thursday: It's Overflowing;
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;
Categorically Crafting: Christmas at Someday Crafts; Christmas Spectacular at The Shabby Creek Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...