Sunday, October 25, 2015

Wood Slice Wreath for Fall


"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
- L.M. Montgomery in "Anne of Green Gables"
Me too. But my fall decor needed a little refreshing to reflect that. I started with a new wreath for the living room mantel. I used to keep my sheet music wreath on there almost year-round, but I moved it to the dining room during Christmas and liked it so much there that I didn't want to move it back.
I found a bunch of different ideas on what I could do to make a fall wreath. Then Bass showed me a stack of wood slices that he had cut thinking I might want to make coasters. No to the coasters but the slices were perfect to attempt this.
I wiped the slices off and then laid them out on a square of cardboard. I lightly traced around the wreath shape onto the cardboard. I cut out a circle which ended up looking like this.
Then I started gluing the bottom layer onto the cardboard using wood glue.
All together the bottom layer looked like this.
The same process for the top layer yielded this:
To finish it off, I used a staple gun to attach looped up wired ribbon, and hot glue to add berry sprigs, the leaves from the burlap flower, and the burlap flower.
The whole fireplace and mantel:
Flowers in the lantern:
With a dressed-up mantel, the couches' pillow covers felt out of place. A bit of fabric changed it to this:
 I know chevron is kind of over but this orange with a bit of green-ish outline was too cute to resist.
Ahh... Octobers. :)

Linking up to some or all of these great blog parties:
Sunday: It's Overflowing; Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming;
Monday: Inspire Me Monday at Sand and Sisal; Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A to Z; Monthly Before and After at Thrifty Decor Chick
Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts; 
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...