Thursday, July 2, 2015

More Patriotic Decor


A few weeks ago, I showed you my patriotic living room and mantel but I didn't show you what I did in the dining room. Simple reason... it wasn't done yet. :)
I was waiting until after my grandfather's memorial service to snag one of the centerpieces to use on my dining room buffet. He was a WWII vet so we used red, white, and blue with a patriotic theme for the tables at the service.
The centerpieces were set into quart-size Mason jars. They had a burlap ribbon wrapped around them.
We put branches (cut from one of my mom's bushes) into a few cups of sand for stability.
For color we added two patriotic ball picks. Then my aunt printed old family pictures and tied them onto the branches.
Side note: I did patriotic cupcakes for the dessert table. (They looked a lot better before they were out in the heat for several hours, but I only remembered to take pics after the service was over.)
 
Okay, back to the dining room...
I snagged one of the centerpieces (some of the Mason jars were mine anyway lol) and found some patriotic postcards in a box of yard sale things my mom had previously given me.
I trimmed the postcards down and tied them onto the branches with ribbon.
I also added the little ceramic berry box because I couldn't resist its cuteness in the store. Still trying to figure out what to put in it...
The table got a very non-patriotic looking, hydrangea arrangement in a small wooden crate I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby.
Since the dining room and living room are the only two places I change the decor seasonally, I'm now officially done with the patriotic decorating. Which is good since we're only two days away from the 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...