Friday, May 15, 2020

Gallery Wall in the New Craft Room

The big craft room reveal post got so long that I absolutely have to break down the decorating projects and organization into separate posts.

Today is all about my fun (and full) gallery wall over my office desk/counter.

I have pieces that I've collected over the years along with art and gifts from my padawans, several Hobby Lobby finds, and a couple of craft projects.
I knew I wanted some wood elements on the wall to add warmth so I added the shelf from Hobby Lobby, had Bass hang a piece of pallet wood to create a floating shelf, and then I painted a piece of pallet wood with Romans 12:12.

The other big wood piece is a pallet wood shelf unit that Bass made to hold my still-growing Funko Pop and Funko Pocket Pop collection.
Totally free. Well, the shelf was free. The Funkos...not so much.
Other than painting a bunch of random frames white to coordinate them, I also wrapped an old hook with twine to make a ukulele hanger.
The fabrics I chose for my new space, to match with my existing area rug, are from the Moda Granny Chic and Farm Girl Vintage collections. I had just scraps left-over after sewing other things so I made this cute hexie hoop for my gallery wall.
I ironed the pieces on to fusible interfacing and then top-stitched over the seams, using a zig-zag stitch.
I'd still like to buy an air plant for my shelf, but that'll wait until our stay-at-home orders are lifted. I like having all my pretties above my desk! What do you look at when you sit down to work?

More craft room posts: 
Sewing Projects for Craft Room Decorating

Linking up at:
Tutorials and Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...