Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day #8 ~ Getting Organized Challenge (The Coat Closet)

Day 8.... I'm getting caught up with the Getting Organized Challenge hosted by A Bowl Full of Lemons. I'm late joining up which you can read more about here.

My mom came over to help me paint the laundry room which meant I needed to empty everything out of the laundry room and its closet. We had been using that one for our coats and shoes while the regular coat closet was being painted. Make sense? :)
Painting the laundry room turned out to be a good thing because I like having our coats/everyday shoes/outdoor gear closer to the front door.
Before the coat closet looked like this:


To get to the "after", we painted the closet, bought new sturdier, matching hangers (on clearance with an extra 20% off coupon), and bought the shoe shelf. Now it looks like this:


I had 4 matching, canvas bins in my stash that didn't find a home yet. I made labels for each family member and now they have a home and hold each person's scarves, mittens, hats, etc. We can each keep 2 pairs of shoes in here, and the kids backpacks fit too.


See more great organizing ideas or join the challenge yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...